Orientation Ceremony for Spring 2014 was held on Saturday, January 18, 2014 on 8th Floor, State Life Building # 3, Thandi Sarak, Hyderabad. Dr. Azra Fazal Pechuho, Chancellor SZABIST & MNA, was invited as the chief guest for the event. Other notable members who attended the Orientation Ceremony were Ms. Shahnaz Wazir Ali, President SZABIST, Dr. Muhammad Suleman Shaikh, Secretary Board of Trustees (BoT) SZABIST, and Dr. Amanat Ali Jalbani, former Vice President (Academics) SZABIST.
SZABIST Hyderabad Campus held elections for SZABIST Students Council (SSC) on February 28, 2014. Mr. Shayan Talpur, Mr. Sharjeel Shah, Mr. Shayan Patoli and Mr. Barkh Bilal were elected on the positions of President, Vice President, General Secretary and Treasurer respectively.
A trip was organized by Mr. Rafique Ahmed Agha, former Visiting Faculty in the Department of Management Sciences at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus, for BBA-5 students studying the course "Media Management" to Radio Pakistan, Hyderabad, on March 04, 2014.
Students enrolled in BBA, BSCS and MBA programs participated in an interactive discussion session on "Pakistan – US Relations" held at Lincoln Corner, Shams-ul-Ulema Daudpota Library, Qasimabad, Hyderabad, on April 15, 2014.
In order to provide practical exposure in real life situation, Mr. Akram Khan Shahani, former Lecturer / ex-Program Manager (BBA), organized student activity for BBA students registered in the course "Retail Management" of displaying stalls in groups on campus premises to sell home-made self-prepared items to students, staff and faculty on April 29 and April 30, 2014.
MBA students studying the course "Personal Management" performed live drama session on different topics on May 07, 2014 at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
Mock professional interviews were conducted of MBA students registered in the course "Managerial Communications" on May 10, 2014 at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
A recreational trip to Dreamworld Resort, Karachi, was organized by the Management of SZABIST Hyderabad Campus on May 27, 2014. Students enrolled in BBA, BSCS and MBA programs travelled to Dreamworld Resort, Karachi, on the recreational trip.
A Seminar titled "Discover the Future of Software Engineering" was arranged by the Management of SZABIST Hyderabad Campus on April 22, 2014. Senior students of BS Computer Science, along with students enrolled in other programs, attended the Seminar. Following Speakers were invited:
i) Dr. Shahzad Ahmed Nizamani, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Systems & Software Engineering, Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro, delivered lecture and presentation on "Cloud Computing".
ii) Mr. Naveed Yameen, Chief Executive of Verge Systems, Hyderabad, delivered lecture and presentation on the applications of Cloud Computing.
A Seminar titled "Career Mentoring" was arranged by the Management of SZABIST Hyderabad Campus onMay 26, 2014. Students of senior batches of all programs attended the Seminar. Following Speakers were invited:
i) Dr. Imamuddin Khoso, Director & Associate Professor, Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Sindh, Jamshoro.
ii) Dr. Zahid Ali Channar, Assistant Professor, Department of Management Sciences, SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
iii)Mr. Ikhtiar Ahmed Khoso, Assistant Manager, Small & Medium Enterprises Development Authority, Ministry of Industries, Government of Pakistan.
iv) Mr. Bilal Ahmed Memon, Assistant Manager, Atlas Honda, Hyderabad.
v) Mr. Afzal Memon, HR Officer, Premier Group, Hyderabad.
SZABIST Hyderabad Campus participated in Sindh Education Fair 2014, organized by Dawn Media Group, held on Saturday, May 31, 2014 and Sunday, June 01, 2014 at Continental Hall, Hotel Indus, Thandi Sarak, Hyderabad. Faculty, Staff and students enrolled in different programs took part whole-heartedly to represent SZABIST Hyderabad Campus and to disseminate information and details of programs being offered. Brochures, along with souvenirs such as caps, pens and writing pads having SZABIST logo, were placed for information regarding all the programs at the stall in the memorable event. More than four hundred students visited the stall to collect information and details of all programs, i.e. BBA, BSCS, MBA and Executive MBA, being offered. In addition to this, more than thirty students registered online using computing and internet facilities available at the stall.
Orientation Ceremony for Fall 2014 was held on Saturday, August 9, 2014 at Seminar Hall, SZABIST Hyderabad Campus. Mr. Jawad Raza Khoso, Head of Campus / Assistant Professor (Management Sciences), welcomed the new students.
Mr. Jawad Raza Khoso, Head of Campus / Assistant Professor (Management Sciences), was awarded by Mr. Sunny Thadhani, Manager (Marketing), DAWN Media Group, Regional Office, Hyderabad for having the most visited stall in DAWN Sindh Education Fair 2014 held on Saturday, May 31 and Sunday, June 01, 2014 at Continental Hall, Hotel Indus, Thandi Sarak, Hyderabad.
Mr. Harris Iqbal Chughtai, Lecturer, Department of Management Sciences, had his first book "Deceptive Perception . . . . thou hast failed us yet again." published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (American Publisher) on August 27, 2014 and had his second book "My Despicable Brothers: Based on the Life of an Ancient Historical Figure: ‘Living" published by Create Space Independent Publishing Platform (American Publisher) on September 21, 2014.
Students of SZABIST Hyderabad Campus participated and won many prizes and awards in iCube 2014 held on Monday, November 24, 2014 at Isra University.
Hyderabad. Mr. Wajeeh Baloch, student of BS-7 and Ambassador for iCube 2014 from SZABIST Hyderabad Campus, won the top prize for bringing the highest number of students for participation in the afore-mentioned event. Mr. Muhammad Owais Memon, student of BBA-6, along with team members, won the first prize in Business Idea competition.Mr. Waleed Abro, student of BS-7, won first position in Photography competition.Mr. Abdul Basit Memon, student of BS-6, won first prize in Software Exhibition competition. Team of students from BS-1 won first prize in "Techno Idea" competition.
1) BBA students participated in SZABIST Model United Nations (ZabMUN) 2014 held on August 9 & 10, 2014 at Indus Hotel, Hyderabad.
2) Three MBA students completed 6-week Summer Internship Program 2014 from July 7 to Aug, 2014 at State Bank of Pakistan, Hyderabad and delivered presentations in Concluding Ceremony held on August 18, 2014 at Conference Hall, State Bank of Pakistan. Mr. Jawad Raza Khoso, Head of Campus / Assistant Professor (Management Sciences), attended the stated Concluding Ceremony.
3) Management of SZABIST Hyderabad Campus organized Video Competition on the theme "Life at SZABIST" on September 11, 2014 at the campus.
4) Student of BBA, BSCS and MBA programs at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus participated as Volunteers in 10th DAWN Education National Spelling Bee Competition 2014 held on September 20, 2014 at Mumtaz Mirza Auditorium, Hyderabad.
5) Students participated in IEEE Explosion 2014 on the theme "IEEE Explosion 2014 – Where Technology Explodes" held on October 14, 2014 at Mehran University of Engineering & Technology (MUET), Jamshoro.
6) BBA students participated in Inter-Institute Business Plan Competition, organized by Isra University Entrepreneurial Society, on the Topic / Theme "Business Plan Proposal" held on October 24, 2014 at, Isra University, Hyderabad. SZABIST won 3rd position, along with cash prize, for the Business Model titled "Alert 24/7 Infotainment Channel".
7) SZABIST Hyderabad organized SZABIST Sports Gala 2014 for students of BBA, BSCS & MBA programs from October 24 to 27, 2014. The activities of the event were distributed between two venues: Hyderabad Club and SZABIST Auditorium. Hyderabad Club was used for Sports i.e. Cricket, Football, Throwball and Volleyball. SZABIST Auditorium was used for Sports such as Table Tennis, Foosball and Chess.
8) A team of students visited Hayat Girls Higher Secondary School, Cantt., Hyderabad, on November 11, 2014, to conduct a brief session & presentation was given to disseminate information to Intermediate students about programs being offered and "Student Life" at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
9) SZABIST Hyderabad Campus organized Debate Competition for students of MBA, BBA & BSCS, on title "Social Media: The Treasure of Knowledge or Mental Illness" on November 14, 2014 in Seminar Hall at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
10) SZABIST Hyderabad Campus organized Two-day Retail / Business Activity for BBA-4 students and MBA (Marketing Elective) students on November 21 and 22, 2014 in Seminar Hall at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
11) "AD-WAR" project of students of BBA-7 studying Advertising in Fall 2014 semesterwas organized by SZABIST Hyderabad Campus on November 27, 2014 in Seminar Hall at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
12) Students of MBA organized a Activity on Poster Presentation at SZABIST Hyderabad in Room # 3.
01)On 22nd February, 2017 a Guest Speaker session titled as 'MarTech' was organized by Ms.Saira lecturer at CS for BSCS and BBA students. Guest speaker was Mr. Anas Zaman and Abdul Hanan Yousfani from Flattered INC.
02)On 23rd February, 2017 Mr. Ahsan lecturer at CS organized a guest speaker session for the students of BSCS 6th, 7th and 8th semester. The speaker was Mr. Saad Kalwar a PhD scholar from Australia delivered lecture on advance research in telecom and its importance in communication.
03)On 2nd March 2017, EDC organized the session of Teach for Change conducted by Sindh Education Foundation to bring awareness to graduates and students regarding their campaign of Teaching in Schools.
04)On 8th March 2017, A guest speaker session was organized by student advisor on International Women's Day on the theme of "Be bold for change." Speaker was Ms.Sunheri Sheikh freelance Journalist.
05)On 25th March 2017, A seminar was organized by Mr. Ahsan Memon lecturer at CS on personality development for all students particularly for new entrants. Speakers were Mr. Umair, Mr Sunny Kumar & Ms. Sugandh Wafai Faculty at CS.
06)On 12th April 2017, EDC organized a guest speaker session on Six Sigma strategy. The guest speaker was Zonal Marketing Manager from Engro Ltd.
07)On 14th April, 2017 1st session of Arduinofying SZABIST was held at SZABIST in Computing Lab.
08)On 19th April, 2017 a guest speaker was arranged for BSCS-5 Human computer Interaction students. Guest speaker was Mr. Kamran Khwaja Phd Scholar, discussed Research Methods in HCI.
09)On 19th April, 2017 ACM HYD Chapter organized workshop for new admitted students of BBA and BSCS foundation related to Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing.
10)On 21st April, 2017 2nd session of Arduinofying SZABIST was held at SZABIST in Computing Lab.
11)On 22nd April, 2017 a guest speaker was arranged for BBA-5 Law and Taxation students. Guest speaker Mr. Shamim Murtaza Additional Commissioner Inland Revenue Hyderabad share practices of FBR.
12)On 27th April, 2017 a guest speaker was arranged for BBA-1A.Guest was Dr. Mehmood Mughal, Conducted session on Self-Motivation.
13)On 27th April, 2017 a workshop of Peach tree Accounting software was organized for students of BBA & MBA. Trainer was Mr. Farhan Lecturer at MS SZABIST KHI.
14)On 28th April, 2017 3rd session of Arduinofying SZABIST was held at SZABIST in Computing Lab.
15)On 5th May, 2017 Mr. Ahsan Memon Faculty at CS conducted the fifth Arduinofying SZABIST Session.
16)On 11th May, 2017 EDC officer organized a session on "Time and Self-Management" with the help of AL-MIDAR Institute.
17)On 16th May, 2017 Mr. Ahsan Memon Faculty at CS arranged a session for Foundation Semester on the basic functions of Microsoft Excel. The session was delivered by Ms. Maha Fatima student from BSCS semester 3.
18)On 17th May, 2017 Mr. Ahsan Memon Faculty at CS supervised a session of BSCS students on cyber security called “Hacked? Come find out if your cellphone is secure”. In this session students got practical knowledge for the security of their cell phones.
19)On 23rd May, 2017 SZABIST organized an interactive session for students on the topic of “Counter Measure of Terrorist Activities”. Guest speaker was Brig. Irfan Arshad Commander Artillery, 18th Division from Hyderabad Cantonment.
20)On 24th May, 2017 Guest speaker session was arranged by Ms.Sugandh faculty at CS for her subject students of 'Finite Automata and Formal Languages’. Guest was Mr.Umair faculty at CS delivered lecture on 'Dependability and Post Correspondence Problem'.
01) On 12th July 2016 A guest Speaker session was arranged by Ms Sugandh Wafai for BSCS students on the Topic Technical Project Management. Speaker was Mr.Ahmad Umar he is a Software Consultant.
02) On 15th July 2016 A guest speaker session was held for BBA 4th semester students on the Topic of Modes of Financing in Islamic Banking in the Subject of Money and Banking. Guest speaker was Mr. Nabeel Ahmed. He is working as Personal Banking Manager at Meezan Bank.
03) On October 04, 2016 a team of teachers & students from DeafReach School Hyderabad delivered a session on topic “Communicating with sign language” for students of BBA 1. The session was arranged by Ms. Shahira Mukhtar, Lecturer MS Department.
04) On 10th October, 2016 Mr. Ahsan Memon permanent faculty member CS department arranged a guest speaker session on the topic of “Hardware and Network Securities “. Guest Speaker was Mr Faraz Bhatti he is working in Firmware Developer at Rysta, Germany.
05) On 15th October, 2016 introductory session to IEEE was delivered by Mr. Ahsan Qamer Shaikh (SSR Karachi Section) and Hassam Mughal (Treasurer Computer Society Karachi Section) to students of BSCS Program.
06) On 12th November, 2016 EDC organized A session on "Building professional resumes and Interview Skills" by HR team from TCS Pvt. Ltd.
07) On 24th November 2016, Mr.Rashid Ahmad Qureshi and Ms.Sugandh Wafai Faculty members in MS & CS Departments arranged a Workshop on use of MS Project Application for their subjects students of Project Mangement for BBA and MBA.
08) On 25th November, 2016 Mr.Ahsan Memon permanent faculty member in CS Department organized a guest speaker session for his subject students of BSCS on the topic “PCB Fabrication using Toner Transfer Method “. Guest Speaker was Mr.Imran Memon from Aga Khan Universty Hospital,Matiari Branch working there as Data Operator.
09) On 25th November 2016, Mr.Ikram Junejo permanent faculty member in MS Department organized a guest speaker session for his subject students of Supply Change Management from BBA 7th on the topic “Production & Inventory Management”. Guest was from Dawlance he is working as Production Incharge in Dawlance.
10) On 26th November 2016, Mr.Saqib Saeed permanent faculty member in CS Department organized a guest speaker session for his subject students of BSCS on the topic “Ecommerce”. Guest was Mr.Muhammad Haseeb from E.Planet communication Karachi. He is working there as Technical Lead.
11) On 29th November 2016, Ms.Saima Hassan Visiting faculty member in MS Department organized a guest speaker session for her students of Money & Banking BBA 4th on the topic of “General Operational Practices of Commercial Banks”. Guest was Mr.Jawad Raza Khoso Ex-Banker and H.O.C SZABIST Hyd.
12) On 30th November 2016, a team from Atlas Honda delivered a session on "Road Safety". The session was organized by EDC.
13) On 1st December 2016, guest speaker session was arranged by Mr.Sunny for his subject students of Wireless Communication and Mobile Technologies on the topic of bits and bytes of NS-2 Network Simulator .Speaker was Ms.Saira Memon permanent faculty at CS department.
14) On 3rd December 2016, Study tour was arranged by Ms.Saira Memon for her subject students of ‘Database Systems' to New Trends Solutions software house.
15) On 6th December 2016, Study tour was arranged by Ms.Saira Memon for her subject students of Object Oriented Programming to Shape Globe Software House.
16) On 7th December 2016, Guest speaker session was arranged by Ms.Saira Memon on the topic of software engineering process models for her subject students Guest speaker was Ms.Sugundh wafai permanent faculty member at CS Department.
17) On 9th December 2016, MSP chapter organized HEC-Microsoft live Videocon seminar on cyber and mobile security. The training was conducted from HEC Headquarter in Islamabad.
18) On 12th December 2016, ACM chapter at the campus organized Wordpress Website Development Workshop called "Blogging 101". The session was delivered by Ms. Sugandh Wafai.
19) On 14th December 2016, ACM chapter organized ADC 3.0 annual grand conference.The session was conducted on the topic of Game Development Emerging Trends by Mr. Sumair Baloch from Codex Solutions Hyderabad.
01) SZABIST Hyderabad Campus organized Workshop on the title "Android SMDC 3.0 on 7thFebruary 2015 at Seminar Hall, Students from SZABIST Karachi, Isra University, Hyderabad, and Mehran University of Engineering & Technology (MUET), Jamshoro, participated in the Workshop.
02) SZABIST Hyderabad Campus Organized Seminar on the Title "Find Yourself" on 11th February, 2015.
Open Seminar was held on Thursday , February 26th 2015 at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus for senior MBA students to present their MBA research projects to the Faculty in the Department of Management Sciences.
03) Open Seminar was held on Friday, February 27th 2015 at SZABIST Hyderabad for senior MBA students to present their MBA research projects to the Faculty in the Department of Management Sciences.
04) SZABIST Hyderabad Campus organized Seminar on the Title "Entrepreneurship" on February 28th 2015, Management Science (MBA) and (BBA) students attended the Seminar.
05) Open Seminar was held on Thursday , March 26th 2015 at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus for senior MBA students to present their MBA research projects progress to the Faculty in the Department of Management Sciences.
06) Open Seminar was held on Friday, March 27th 2015 at SZABIST Hyderabad for senior MBA students to present their MBA research projects progress to the Faculty in the Department of Management Sciences.
07) A workshop was arranged at SZABIST HYD on Friday , April 17th 2015 by Mr. Ahsan Memon permanent faculty member BSCS for his subject students of physics BSCS second semester topic for session was" Printed circuit board fabrication" .Addressed by Mr. Khurram Khan who is managing his own Business.
08) A guest speaker session was held at SZABIST HYD on 23rd, April, 2015 arranged by Mr. Ahsan Memon permanent faculty member BSCS for his subject students of Data Structures and Algorithms from BSCS fifth semester .Guest was Mr. Umair Jamil Ahmad He is also permanent faculty member at BSCS SZABIST HYD.
09) An open house was held on April 23rd 2015 for three hour activity organized by Anam Nizar Ali Lalwani Permanent Faculty Member, Management Sciences at SZABIST HYD for all students especially the marketing students from BBA, Semester 4th, 6th and 7th.
10) A guest speaker session was held at SZABIST HYD on 28th, April, 2015 organized by Anam Nizar Ali Lalwani Permanent Faculty Member, Management Sciences on the topic of "Current trends of retailing industry" for the students of Retail Management from BBA 4th semester. Guest was Ms Aleena Rajper she is Business Manager at OPPO.
11) A guest speaker session was arranged on April, 23rd, 2015 at SZABIST HYD Campus by Mr. M. Ali, Program Manager at BBA for his students of Introduction to Business Finance .Guest speaker was from JS Global Securities named Mr. Abdul Latif Memon.
12) A guest speaker session was jointly organized on April 25, 2015 for the students of 4th and 6thsemester students from BSCS by Mr. Umair Jameel Ahmed permanent faculty member at BSCS and Ms, Sumbhul Arslan Asst Professor at BSCS.
13) A seminar of USEFP Scholarship was arranged on April, 23, 2015 at SZABIST HYD Campus by USEFP, US Consulate General, Karachi for all students to inform them regarding scholarship opportunities in United States in 2015-16.
14) A guest speaker session was arranged on April 24th, 2015 at SZABIST HYD Campus by Ms. Saira Memon permanent faculty member at SZABIST HYD for his students of Artificial Intelligence semester seven.
15) A guest speaker session was arranged on April 29, 2015 at SZABIST HYD Campus by Mr. M Ali, Program Manager at BBA for his students of BBA 5th semester for the subject of Public Enterprise Management. Mr. Nasir Bachani Assistant Commissioner at Sindh Revenue Board was the guest speaker.
01) Engr. Umair Mujtaba Qureshi & Engr. Zuneera Aziz, Lecturers at Mehran University of Engineering & Technology (MUET), Jamshoro, along with Engr. Mamta Bachani, Visiting Faculty at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus, conducted 2-Day Seminar cum Workshop on "Wireless Sensor Networks" for students of BS Computer Science Program on Thursday, September 18, & Friday, September 19, 2014 at SZABIST Hyderabad Campus.
02) Team from United States Educational Foundation of Pakistan (USEFP) conducted Seminar on "Fulbright Scholarship Program" on Wednesday, September 24, 2014, at Seminar Hall on 3rd Floor, State Life Building # 3, Thandi Sarak, Hyderabad, for students of SZABIST Hyderabad Campus. The Seminar was aimed at providing information for students wishing to apply and avail the prestigious Fulbright Scholarship for Higher Studies abroad. Mr. Rashid Ahmed Qureshi, Assistant Professor (Management Sciences), Mr. Harris Iqbal Chughtai, Lecturer (Management Sciences), Mr. Muhammad Saleh, Lecturer (Management Sciences), and Mr. Noor Ahmed Khoso, Lecturer (Management Sciences), also attended the Seminar.
03) Management of SZABIST Hyderabad Campus organized Seminar on "Techno Societies" on November 10, 2014 at Seminar Hall Hyderabad. Mr. Sumair Hamza Baloch, Visiting Faculty in the Department of Computer Science for Fall 2014, was invited as the Speaker to conduct the stated Seminar. Students currently enrolled in MBA, BBA & BS Computer Science programs attended the stated Seminar to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the importance of digitally connected world. Participants from SZABIST Hyderabad Campus won awards and prizes in different competitions which took place in the event.
01) Students of BS Computer Science named Mr. Haris Ahmed Rajput and Mr. Gul Muhammad Chachar have
developed the official website for Szabist Hyderabad Campus under the supervision of Ms. Saira Memon permanent faculty member in BSCS SZABIST Hyderabad .The website boasts itself with features
like responsiveness, Content Management System (CMS), Mobile Friendly Browsing, News Feed, announcements etc.
Students have shown great professionalism along with dedication to contribute SZABIST Hyderabad.
02) Group of BS Computer Science students which includes Ponam Chand, Syed Ali Murtaza and Kapil Kumar Soni have developed a Voting Application Software titled as E-Voting System for conducting internal elections for the SZABIST Student Council (SSC). The software application has successfully been used for SSC Elections in SZABIST Hyderabad campus since its inception. As a result of which, unnecessary paperwork and human resource has been eliminated and replaced by a more modern, digital record.
03) Students of BSCS named Shafaq Zareen, Zareen Fatima, and Zain Ali present A paper supervised by Ms. Sumbhul Ghulamani Asst Prof in BSCS SZABIST Hyderabad in Two days conference on 2nd and 3rd June 2016 at Karachi in 1st International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Sciences and Technology – 2016 (ICEEST 2016) organized by Iqra University, Faculty of Engineering, Sciences and Technology, Karachi and Department of Computer Science, Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur, Sindh.
04) On 31st, August 2016 Ms. Pooja Poohwani student of BBA Program secured 1st position in Summer Internship Program at State Bank of Pakistan – Banking Service Corporation Hyderabad.
05) This year BS Computer Science students received ICT R&D Funding for its four final year projects (FYPs). Students exhibited innovation and commercial ideas in their projects. ICT fund provides funding for National Interest Projects declared by UAE’s Distinguished Government. Details